Monday, November 12, 2012

Big Business Changes

For many years, Oh let's see, April 25, 2009 to be exact, I have been selling on Bonanza. My items have been virtually sitting there collecting particles of dust, waiting to be sold or waiting for me to pack them up and haul them away to a show to hopefully be sold to someone who will enjoy them just as much as I did when creating them. Which brings me to my big announcement. And of course I've already made this announcement to my fans on Facebook. Sometime in the next couple of months, but before the new year, I will be closing the Bonanza store and picking and choosing what items will go into the Etsy shop. It's a little overwhelming as over the years I have met a lot of nice people through Bonanza. I have learned all their buttons as well. And I have over 450 items listed in the shop. I am now down to 350 and I hope to have it all completed by the new year. But, taking all that into consideration, it's with a happy heart that I say I must go where the Sales and revenue are being earned. I am trying my hardest to get the items over to Etsy to be listed before Christmas, ordering all new promotional items, booking shows, Shipping orders, Getting ready for the shows, taking care of the kiddo's, cleaning, laundry, and all the other things that get pushed aside. So, Yes, I am looking forward to having just one store to maintain. My hubby and I made this decision because frankly I'm tired of sitting in a store that does nothing versus moving everything to a store that is at least earning some revenue every month. So, I can only hope that like my hubby everyone will support me in this decision as well. I am looking forward to having more time to blog, network, create, time with my family, and all the behind the scenes things I do. And I've added in this years Christmas video as well.

11 comments:

  1. very nice video...enjyed watching it..the bows are adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video. The music is giving my morning an upbeat! Good luck on your move to etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to you both. I love Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply wonderful!! love it the bows are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to make a video with your beauties! I really enjoyed! And Happy Sales on Etsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the process of doing something similar since Ruby Plaza will be closing down at the end of the year. Hope you get them all listed by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bows are very pretty. Good luck with your new Etsy Shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you will be very happy with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how that feels. I think all artists need a few of Santa's helpers during the holidays. I'd be tried if I had one for taking photos and one to list on ny etsy and Artfire. But I'm stuck with my two hands. :) but blessed so I can't complain. I'll be opening my second etsy shop before December if my health allows. So I know the stress of juggling it all. Ugh yuck. Www kimisdesigns.etsy.com I'm as o excited about all my new designs. I wish you many sakes and sucesss on etsy. Hugs. Kim @ www.kimisjewelryandgifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone! I sure hope to be done in the next week. I'm doing about 5 or 6 listings a day, but I've decided to not put everything in the Etsy shop. So, just a couple more listings to list over in the Etsy shop and then I can shut the one store down. I just cleared all the Bonanza stuff off the blog and all my new promotional items (Car door magnet, Banner) have just come in today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Following you on Etsy, tweeter and your blog! I promoted several of your Etsy items on Pinterest :)

    I also have on Bonanza, instead of closing it, you may have a note with each item you have, indicating where each item is online. I don't get much sale on Bonanza, but it's nice to sell something once in a while. After putting so much work. I don't do much sales on Etsy either. I have also free shop via Ecrater and that's also generating sales. All this is a hobby for now. Recently I started selling on woogiewoo.com let's see how that would work out.
    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete