Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Augusta Expo

So, here it is almost the start of the Spring season and in a couple of weeks I will be heading to the Augusta Expo for their Annual Spring Show for the first time. I always find it a little scary to go to a show I've never done before by myself. While I enjoy what I do very much, I always get nervous and end up asking myself the same questions before every show.

1. Did I make enough items?

2. What if they don't like my things?

3. Will all my hard work pay off?

4. What do I do if I have to go to the bathroom?

5. Are my displays going to hold a lot of items?

6. How will I set it up this year?

My biggest fear is going to a show and not having enough items. I've already faced the fear of what if my items don't sell at all. So, the Spring show is March 9th and 10th and soon it will be upon me. I've got 2 crates filled and I'm in the process of filling the other 3. I am pushing the limit on restock arriving from my distributors and trying to get it finished before the big day comes. And not to mention training for a 5k in April, doing mommy things with the kids, cleaning, laundry, feeding the animals, and whatever comes along to tackle.

What do you do to relieve the stress from upcoming shows?

Here's a photo from a crate I'm filling of Ribbon Flower Brooches/Hair Clips.
 photo ade018bc-0cc8-4dbf-8ad1-8b409047ba50_zpsbc690c50.jpg
And here's my stack of crates. Just an example of what I'm talking about
 photo 089b6f78-d1fb-4bce-a876-e52ec514219f_zpsc0b1121c.jpg
This is not all I will be taking with me though...there's still a crate of tutu's (which won't be packed until set up day), the displays, tables, chairs, signs, baskets, shelving, and lots of little things. A bit overwhelming, but in the end it's all worth it!

10 comments:

  1. I hope the show goes very well for you Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lovely items and I am sure you will do well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck and don't worry they will love your items the hair clips are precious.keep us posted ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle...I know exactly what you are feeling....I do 2 3 day shows in Michigan in the summer....always worry I won't have enough. I am beginning to figure out what items I need to stock up on. Your bows are wonderful...Im sure you will do well...keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you are feeling too...OMGosh! Butterflies mixed with Trepidation! However, all's well that end's well and YOU will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a great Show Michelle and have just enough to make everyone happy, especially YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun! I would love to go to something like that. Maybe someday :). Have a great time & keep is posted on how it goes. I think you will do very well!

    ReplyDelete