Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Organizing Part 2: Shoe Box City

Okay, so the title might be a little exaggerating! And the plastic storage containers may just look like shoe boxes to me! But, their awesome! I go into Target, I come out with 10 of these at time. And at .97 cents a piece that's a pretty awesome deal to me for storage containers! And I just don't use them for my office space, but I use them to organize the kids crayons, games, puzzles, etc!
 photo 8ca4a6d6-2eaa-496b-95a5-d2e053e68a26_zps5c8792d0.jpg

I probably have enough of them by now to start my own city! I use them for everything from fabric scraps to storing old inventory that I may use at a later date. And they stack up in my wardrobe/storage unit great. I really like the idea that their clear enough I can see what's in them.

And I only chose one picture today, because the organizing my space part has come to a stand still as I am getting items ready for the Spring show at the Augusta Expo.

16 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to you..I have many of these totes and others ..all sizes..I even save empty containers to store things is..love trying to be as organized as possible..thanks for sharing your story..love it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. I love, love, love storage containers!

      Delete
  2. I need to get some more of these. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew these were only .97 at Target. I will have to make a visit there. Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go to Lowe's they are 1 cent cheaper, but the same kind.

      Delete
    2. Sorry my page is jumpy..."not the same kind"

      Delete
  4. Great tips on getting organized! I love using containers too, especially the see through kind. What a bargain you got at Target, I wish I had a Target store close by :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowe's has some for 96 cents, but they are not the same kind. I'm always for looking at organization items and prices!

      Delete
  5. That's a great idea, and clear too so you can actually see what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy bins that stack nicely with a minimum of wasted space. I like to keep stuff in clear bins too but whatever methodology I use I like to stick with what works best. You can really waste a lot of time stacking and re-stacking when you retrieve things

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will a pair of shoes fit in these?

    ReplyDelete