Friday, April 22, 2011

Projects and First Birthday's

Well, most of you know by now that it will soon be Haley's First Birthday and like with my other two kids I really wanted to make it about memories. I usually end up making at least one thing to add to their Birthday Parties. I can remember each and every project I made from fun little signs to decorations and Goody Boxes. But, this year I went all out. And most of you know I've been working on a paper cake full of goodies for Haley's First Birthday party.
Photobucket
Well, having 2 little girl's and a bunch of hair bows that I keep losing around the house or in the diaper bags or where ever they take them off at. I got the idea to make an "H" bow holder for Haley's first birthday party. But, then I went one little step further and I took some appliques from her nursery wall and added them to the bow holder so that I would have that memory of her nursery, before she got old enough to peel them off the wall. I then used Modge Podge over the front to ensure that they stayed in place!
Photobucket
I'm sure that as her party gets closer I will come up with more projects or decorations to do. But, at least she will have one very special gift from us for her birthday! And it's not only about the special memories, it's about the thought involved when making these fun little projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment