Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Organization Part 1: The Ribbon Hoarder

My space needs some desperate cleaning and organizing, so I am in the process of organizing my office. Mainly because I can't find anything at all and I get so frustrated when I know that I laid something somewhere and when I go to find it...it's not there! So, I thought I would blog about organizing my craft space as I transform it into my dream space! And when we first moved into the house, the first thing I couldn't wait to get organized was all my ribbon!

Yes, I am a ribbon hoarder too! I love ribbon just about as much as I love buttons!

So here's what I did to organize all my ribbon!

I had a white curtain rod that we had in the old house and just my luck it was to long to use it in this house. So, I had hubby hang it on the wall above my work space. I slid the big spools of ribbon on it, because the smaller one's wouldn't fit.
 photo fead7254-64e5-4f21-9c87-8d6476bc79aa_zpsff2a88df.jpg

Now you can tape or pin your ends of the ribbon so they don't hang down. But, I use my ribbon so much that I don't even bother with it.

Now what to do with that smaller ribbon. My hubby got me this piece about a year ago and it has the smaller ribbon rods in it. But, you can buy the ribbon rods separately.
 photo 751572e8-30b9-48b4-a0d4-c81476d89489_zps19b5174b.jpg

I like this piece in the office because of it's functionality. My paints and all my punches fit on it as well as other things. And what do I do with the one's that don't fit on either rod. Well, I store them in a clear plastic box inside a wardrobe. If you have organization idea's for how you store your ribbon I'd love to hear them! Next week I'll be blogging about those plastic boxes and storing all your small items in them from fabric swatches to tools!

8 comments:

  1. awesome..my daughter also uses a lot of ribbon and did a curtain rod..but the other thing for your thread and all is awesome too..thanks for sharing..great ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you organized your ribbons...I am forever trying to organize my fabric but it is a hopeless cause...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat ideas on organizing. It seem like every time I get organized it is not long until I am soon unorganized. A vicious cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that's a great idea...I am definitely a ribbon hoarder lol, but it's all thrown in a box from when we moved, so you can imagine what happens every time I go through the box to try find what I want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great organizational tips. Thanks so much. I know what you mean about getting frustrated when you can't find something you want to use and know you have.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I would reply to each and every comment, but it has been a busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great organizing ideas.. pinned at Pinners Market http://pinterest.com/woodartsunivers/pinners-market/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh! Where did your husband find that????? I'm a ribbon hoarder too!

    ReplyDelete