Thursday, January 5, 2012

Canvas Stencil Art

Last weekend I started a project, but before I could finish it I got creatively blocked and couldn't think about what or where I was going with the project. Well, today I finished it.
I started out with a 14x11 Canvas and painted it with light blue acrylic. Then I cut the flower stencils with the Cricut with a font size of 5 inches. The colors in the flowers were inspired by some felt brads I had laying around.
Photobucket
I used a sponge brush and dabbed the paint in the middle of the stencil. Then I painted in the middle with a paint brush.
Photobucket
Next, I took a saying off one of my book marks. "It takes a long time to grow an old friend." And cut the letters out with the Cricut. Each line has different sizes. 1 inch, 1 1/4 inch, 1 1/2 inch, and 2 inches. I used black acrylic and a sponge brush to dab the paint in the middle of the stencils.
Photobucket
Then I took the acrylic paint that matched where the middle of the letters where on the flowers and taped the cut letters that had middles down. Then dabbed the colors in and Viola.
Photobucket
A Beautiful Canvas! You'll be able to buy this particular canvas in the Bonanza Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment