Saturday, August 25, 2012

Shutterly Terrific

Okay, so the title speaks for itself. As most everyone knows my husband and I are under contract on a home that is 137 years old! So, I've been searching for some vintage pieces or vintage inspired pieces to place in the home to go with the age of the home. I was out at a local antique store and I thought why go out and spend all that money, when I could probably make some of them myself. So, I found these shutters stuffed in the back of the shop. I got them for $5.00 a piece.
shutterly
I love the size of them. Their small and not to overbearing. My husband has a nice green shade of valspar paint. So, I took that and began to paint them. My thought for these is to put them together like a square and hang a wreath of lilacs over the top of them. This piece will hang on the wall at the top of the stairs. shutterly1
When we are sure that we will be moving into the home. I will post pictures of the finished projects in the home.

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! Good luck on the designing of you home. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea..wish I was crafty but I'm not..my daughter is and I swear I dont know where she got it from...would love to see pics when yo are don or of things you have already done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Native! I plan on posting pics of things I have finished later on once we get moved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be sure to let us know how everything goes on the contract! How exciting to move into an old house! We live in an old house too! It was built in 1930...we love it! It is fun to find and make things like you are doing...I love doing that myself. Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Bargain! I know your home will look lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, $5.00! Such a good deal :) Look forward to seeing the finished product

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and rewarding project!

    ReplyDelete