Friday, January 7, 2011

An Inspiration In The Making

As I write this blog, I have put one coat of sealant on the stool and am waiting for it to dry. When I bought this stool, it was unfinished. And after gathering all the supplies that I would need to complete it, I first sanded the rough spots.
Photobucket
Unfortunately, my camera does not do the colors in the photo Justice. I painted the stool in a lilac dust purple to match the purple in the pink flowers. I then took some light blue paper with different color polka dots in it and decoupage the top the stool.
Photobucket
After I got all the paper on. I used my Sizzix machine and cut out the flowers in matching paper and pasted to the top. The stool also has one flower on each side of the legs. Which will be shown in later photo's. Photobucket
The stool has a bar in the middle between the legs, so I decoupaged each side of that with all 3 papers used in the top. My daughter has already asked if I would do her a Tinker Bell one. I told her maybe for her Birthday. I cannot wait to get this done and get more photo's up!

No comments:

Post a Comment