Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Do You Remember?

It's funny how an idea to create something can come from a simple conversation or just pop into your head when you least expect it to. I was on the phone with my mom, who calls me at the same time every Tuesday. I look forward to these conversations every week for, well, my sanity's sake. I guess that's a way to put it. We always talk about the week and what all has happened in both our lives. Usually turning into an hour conversation or an hour rant, depending on what happened that week.
But, we were talking about the show and I was telling her about the idea to add more variety of color to the bows for the shows, rather than just the select few I had. And cutting down on the amount of decoupage I took to the shows. Just a few select pieces. And the idea popped into my head, I even told her about it over the phone. What if I took these?
Photobucket
And added snap clips on them and then put them in the blister packs. I notice a lot of times at the shows that people will pick them up and look at them and then put them back down. And their not really selling either. So, I guess I go back to the idea that if it's not selling let's create something else with it!
If you've been with me for awhile the original idea was to put the alligator clips on them and sell them like that. But, I thought the alligator clips were way to big for them, so I made them into something scrap bookers and card makers could use. Well, that idea was a big bust. So, I really feel like I'm going in a right direction with this idea.
So, earlier today I used what money I had left over from the money my hubby gave me to buy all the new ribbon, clips, and head bands with and I bought 100 snap clips to add to all the packs of ribbon flowers in the Bonanza Store. And please don't think I'm trying to turn this into a bowtique. That is not my idea at all. We just noticed that while we weren't selling the decoupage, cards, and tags at the shows. What we were selling were the hair clips. So, the idea to add more to the store came from that.
I am and I always will Inspired to bring you new, unique items like the Decoupage. And, while I am on the subject of changing things. Remember these:
Photobucket
These were a big eye catcher at the show as well. But, I have 6 that haven't been posted yet and they will have ribbon added to them and will be made into Fairy Wands.

No comments:

Post a Comment