Saturday, November 27, 2010

Love, Pray,Hope

Okay, so I didn't know that I could work with wood pieces until I tried. So, I made a lovely sign for the craft fair and wanted to share it with everyone!
Photobucket
My inspiration for this sign was a packet of wood pieces my hubby picked up at Micheal's. All the wood pieces had a different thickness to them. Here's one:
Photobucket
The first one I added a photo frame hanger on the back using a photo frame hanger kit my hubby had. Then I painted it with dark brown acrylic paint.
Photobucket
In the future for custom orders and orders being placed for these, I will be using real wood not packets of assorted pieces.
Next I used my paper trimmer and cut the paper 7 inches in Length and 2 3/4 inches in Width. These boards are about 8x3. I used a pair of my decorative scissors and cut around the paper. Then I distressed the edges of each paper with brown distressing ink. Then I hot glued it on. Now the fun part. I got this set for my birthday and I absolutely love it! Actually I got both things. The mat doesn't come with this set.
Photobucket
The Creative Cuts Set from Creative Memories is how I cut the letters out using brown cardstock. I glued them on with hot glue also.
I hooked the signs together with 4 eyelet hooks, Screwed into the bottom of the first sign , the top and bottom of the second sign, and the top of the third sign. I tied them together with ribbon. And that's it!
Ordering is easy now. If you have a custom order you can now visit my fan page at www.facebook.com/InspiredCreationsByMichelle and use the Contact Me Tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment