Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Home Project

I remember growing up, every time my mom would clean, she would re-arrange the furniture. Every week we would come from school and a room would be different. I guess growing up around that, you start to do that with your own family. Change is good...right? Well, I have to say that after a few weeks of being sick, depressed, and whatever else comes along with the winter blue's, I finally did it again. I re-arranged the furniture and while doing so I realized that I would never, ever be able to get those pesky spongebob squarepants stickers off my end tables. I tried scraping them, peeling them, Goo Be gone. Nothing! And all that was left was a scratched up table!
Now, their not expensive tables. Just some cheapy one's we graced ourselves with when we moved into the house. And after months of debating whether or not to decoupage them in the colors of my living room, I finally did one. And I love it!
Here's a Before photo of the other end table:
Photobucket
As you can see they are just plain black tables, but with a little decoupage they become more then that. On this table I added some things in that reminded me of my family, A stroll on the beach, family, treasures, etc.
Photobucket
I plan on doing this with the other end table as well. But, for the long middle table I plan something more special. I am going to decoupage it in family photo's to add to the theme of family memories! I can't wait to see the finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment