Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sping Is here and So are the Memories

Most of us can always tell when Spring is around the corner, by the daffodils poking out of the ground. Well, here in the Valley, the Daffodils are springing up, but it is 40 degree's outside. The first year we moved into the house I dug up all the Daffodils from the backyard and re-planted them in one of the flower beds. Every time I see the Daffodils start to come up, I am reminded of a place back in the hills of Hartsville, Tennessee. A place where I grew up, but so few people knew about. Just my family, myself, and what few neighbors we did have. There's a little trail off of Griffs Hollow Rd. and when we were younger we always looked forward to walking this trail. For on the right side was a foundation to an old house. Now the story of Griffs Hollow and Gravely Hill is back in the old days there was a Mental Hospital and one of the patients got loose and burnt all the buildings to the ground.
Now whether this one particular house was one of those I do not know. But, I do know that the whole front yard was full of Daffodils that had spread to cover most of the hillside. A vision of Yellow! We would pick bouquets and bouquets of them and take them home.
Every time I remember that special place I get a big smile on my face. I love that place. I guess that's why I love flowers so much.
Well, with Spring comes many different new adventures. Like the Spring Art and Craft Show at the Rockingham County Fair Grounds! I have been waiting for booth confirmation for about 3 months and Imagine my surprise when I opened up the mail box this morning and there it was. The Spring show is on March 26 from 9 am to 3 pm. And Inspired Creations (me) will be in booth 37! I am happy to see I am not by the door again. I about froze during the Christmas Show! Brrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment