Monday, November 21, 2011

Mishaps in the Making

Have you ever been to a show and just really sat and watched people? I had a great time at the Spotswood Show even though I didn't get much time to walk around and check everyone item's out. But, one thing I noticed is the people who would come up to my booth and pick up the bows. They would flip them over to look at the back and then start pulling on them! Guess they wanted to see how strong they were and how I had attached them. Well, when I finally got to start crafting last night with some of the new supplies, I was going through some of the items from the show and noticed that some of the clips were just hanging on for dear life! Well, in a worried state I called my niece who has bought a lot of bows from me and I ask her how hers had been holding up. She said she hasn't had a problem out of them. So, is it just my paranoia or is it just from people really pulling on them?
So, I sent hubby on a panic run for some fabric glue just in case the hot glue was a problem and in a mad hurry 2 days before we are supposed to leave to head to Tennessee for Thanksgiving I had to go through each and every bow and re glue them. Of course in the end I am not changing how I do the hair bows,except for sewing the buttons on, I have decided that the hot glue has worked for me so far. But, I wonder if I can put up a sign for the shows."Do not Pull On The Bows"
What a nightmare, right? Not even, while I was doing that, my son, Max, took my purple marker I use for my stamps and decided to trace one of the bow holders I just finished for my niece and got purple marker all over.
My hubby offered to paint it, knowing I wouldn't have time to take care of it. I'm hoping I might get to it today.
Here's just some of the things that were sold at the Spotswood show
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Lexy and I just went down and it worked. So,now I have a permanent fixture for the alligator clips:)

    ReplyDelete